Admit it, you sung that in your head as you read it! Like the lyrics, it certainly seems like we are almost to spring, everyone’s praying for spring to come and then, BAM! Another two feet of snow in mid-April!
Considering the fact nobody will be able to be in the fields until Mother’s Day, now is the perfect time to take a closer look at the chore “to do“list that often seems to get neglected.
Here’s a few ideas to get you started!
In the Barn-
- Power wash/ deep clean milking facilities and milk house
- Clean up/ organize utility room or office space
- Catch up on book work
- Take inventory and check L2n levels in semen tanks
- Schedule routine service work on milking equipment
- Clean out pens and re-bed
- Catch up on dehorning/vaccinating/tagging/hoof trimming
- Take inventory of all livestock
- Organize sheds and equipment
- Change oil in tractors
- Prep equipment for fieldwork
- Clean up feed storage areas
These are just some of many ways to keep your mind off the fact that snowmageddon is on its way to the Midwest. Hopefully we get to feel like Spring has Sprung…. BEFORE SUMMER gets here!